TeL: 416-661-2111

Temporary Entry

Temporary Residence Status refers to applicants who wish to come to Canada to visit, work or study. They are coming to Canada for a temporary period and are considered visitors. Visitors require visitor’s visa, unless they are citizens of a visa free countries.

Applicants wishing to work in Canada temporarily are in most instances required to apply for work permit (employment authorization). On the other hand, if they wish to study in Canada, then they must apply for a study permit.

If you intend to visit, study or work in Canada, you must satisfy a visa officer that your intention in coming to Canada is for a limited period and that you will leave Canada at the expiry of your visitor’s status. In many cases, your must show sufficient ties to your home country and that you are able to financially support yourself during your visit.

The three main categories for temporary status are:



DISCLAIMER: The following has been prepared by Roy C.Amadi, Barrister and Solicitor for the sole purpose and intended reference by interested individuals and is not intended to create an attorney-client communication. This write-up maybe reproduced for the personal non-commercial use of interested individuals on the express or implied condition that the contents herein are neither edited, modified nor altered in whole or in part, directly or indirectly without the express written consent of the author herein.

Copyright ©2006
Designed and maintained by EPH a Toronto Web Design and Mobile Apps firm.